Dental resins are a synthetic material used in dentistry.
They are used to replace a decayed part or to restore and reshape problem tooth structures.
These resins can help us solve cases of tooth fractures, injuries or cracks.
When you choose to use resins, you have a great advantage over materials such as conventional silver amalgam, since they are much more aesthetic, functional and are not harmful.
The resin material is made up of a resin-based matrix and an inorganic filler such as silica, which gives your treatment resistance to wear and translucency.
Dental resins are used in all types of dental cavities, but it must be taken into account when placing them that there is sufficient dental structure, in order to achieve good retention of the material.
Cosmetically, resins can help you solve situations in the teeth, managing to give a very pleasant appearance and an almost imperceptible solution in:
- Chipped or fractured teeth.
- Dental stains (they cover the stains by being used as infiltrating resins).
- Spaces between teeth (decreases them).
- They improve the edge and shape of the teeth.
- They have advantages such as:
- They help to perform aesthetic reconstructions by imitating the lost dental structure.
- They achieve a good bond with enamel and dentin.
- They are biocompatible.
- Its material is durable when placed correctly
- They are appropriate for any type of person.
This biocompatible material has a duration of between 5 to 7 years, this may vary depending on care, eating habits.
You must take care of them so that they stay in good condition for much longer.